Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Kristen's appeal to my demographic is on the rise

Everything below is opinion.

The pictures of Kristen that have emerged over the past couple of weeks are contributing to her reaching a new stratosphere. Maybe this is an exaggeration but three of my friends (guys BTW who know nothing of Twilight) are suddenly curious. They have only seen her in Adventureland but now plan to see anything she is in, possibly even Breaking Dawn. One of these guys is a huge Jack Kerouac fan and he can't wait for On The Road.

The green bikini pics from St. Thomas have made allot of jaws drop.
I think some guys who saw her as a pretty teenager are now seeing her completely differently now that she is grown up and looking incredibly sexy.

After getting over the shock of what a rare treat it was to see Kristen in those kind of pictures over the Easter weekend, I began to feel guilt over having looked at them. Paparazzi shots aren't a copyright violation but the legality of stalking a movie set like that is probably being challenged.

I am guilty of looking at the St. Thomas pics and some of the leaked/hacked screen caps. I am apologizing right now for giving in. I feel bad for all involved. They invested over half a year into making this. These last two movies are clearly going to be much better than all the other Twilight films. I am pissed at myself for looking. To make up for that I vow to allot spend more on the movies than I would have otherwise. Besides going to the theater, ordering the DVDs, and downloading from iTunes -- I guess I'll buy extra seats.

I am convinced the leaks were not intentional, but I do think there exist a good chance more people will see movies because of the leaks. This won't erase the disappointment they must feel but it might be the silver lining.

This could be my imagination but on St. Thomas it seemed like many faces in that large crowd were on the lookout for paps. The guy was well hidden and that makes it even worse to have looked. It was a large gathering on that isolated beach. I don't know nearly enough about filmmaking to know how many people it would take to get the footage they needed that night. I have entertained the theory that executives that wouldn't normally attend might have been on hand because that was that the last footage that company would gather from Edward and Bella. The franchise will go down as something special to the many people that were involved. I kind of sensed a "we did it" vibe from the smiles Kristen gave to faces I didn't recognize.

One other point i want to touch on are Rob's recent words in which he basically confirmed Kristen as his girlfriend by what he didn't say in response to a reporters question about the secrecy of the relationship. He said his life being news/entertainment makes him feel "cheap and tacky." I like them both for having this attitude. I have blogged that their attitude towards it made it more real to me. And Rob blew the lid off PR theories. I am very glad he did that. But because of the "feeling tacky/cheap" comment, I an inclined to stop talking/blogging about "them." Kristen has been saying this for a long time, and I am such a shit for ever getting into those discussions once I knew that. I will defend her from attacks but my future post may not say anything about the relationship. My views are recorded here on this blog and those views are not changing. But I will try harder to avoid talking about it in the future. If you want to read a guy discussing the draw of R/K, you may have to dig into the archives. I am sorry, but yall know i have been torn about this for awhile. His statement is so consistent with what she has said. "It's not my job" has been quoted by both.

I like writing about this amazing babe and I should respect her (their) wishes and not add fuel to the fire.

7 comments:

  1. There's a word for you - gentleman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way you do, and I'm glad you've stated it so others can think about it too. If you respect an actor, you need to respect the boundaries they've asked you to. The fandom needs to think very hard about this and where the line is to be drawn. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet, sweet, sweet Dan!!! thank you for sharing your lovely thoughts. You rock, dude! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your thoughts on Kristen. I am especially happy to hear she acquired a few new admirer. She is just amazing, and people will see that if they stop being judgemental for a bit and try to understand her. Thank you for not giving up this blog. As long as you continue to write, I will continue to read even though I might not leave any comment most of the time;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I respect your thought on not blogging about the "relationship" any more. Good for you.

    Are your friends affected by you or what? How come they are suddenly interested in Kristen's movies? Anyway, it's a good news. Tell them they won't be disappointed. ;P

    Monica from Asia

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friends saw those green bikini pics. So right now she is mostly a sex object.
    I almost said this in the post. Later, they will come to respect everything about her but right now it's one track mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okkkkk, I understand. Kristen in green bikini is HOT as Hell from a female point of view. :)

    Monica from Asia

    ReplyDelete